dumped

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

dumped

Postby den » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:00 am

i know this has been covered but searching cannot find it ,
I have baggy 600 black panther all standard ( mostly) .Ive been searching for a replacement rear spring since i owned the bike, The problem im having is im a big lad 6,5", i wanna higher the seat hight,( spare seat bought already) and replace the spring to take a bigger load , im 110kgs..Now the wp rear shocks are old school old stock, there must be someone who used to make uprated spring to take heavier load, the standard 75kgs is ridiculous..anyone know anything that i may investigate. :lol:
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Re: dumped

Postby edfmaniac » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:40 am

Shouldn't be anything special about that spring. Just take the bike to any suspension tech worth his title and they should be able to measure the rate, if unknown, and supply you with a good spring for your application. They would also have good suggestions as far as dog bone replacements and any other options for getting the suspension in the ball park.

As for the stock rate, I'd be surprised if the bike is set up for that small a rider and no allowances for gear seeing as how most people pack a lot of crap with them when riding dual sports/adventure bikes.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby Baggy_Al » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:02 pm

I was the same weight as you when I had my black panther, not as tall maybe but had no issues with the shock and my weight, are you sure the shock was ever in proper order.

Al.
Shiny Silver 2000 BMW R1100S Sport.
2003 Baggy Black Panther.
Baggy_Al

Postby den » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:26 am

Baggy_Al wrote:I was the same weight as you when I had my black panther, not as tall maybe but had no issues with the shock and my weight, are you sure the shock was ever in proper order.

Al.

yeh , shocks standard and like new,if your saying ist normal then i want to change it , the bikes tall enough with the dig bones fitted,,just dont like the way it sinks.
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Return to 660 cc