New manufacturer of silencers/exhausts.

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: New manufacturer of silencers/exhausts.

Postby lavrentyuk » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Hmmm, considerably more fiddling required on my part then.

I will be trying to get it more muffled for a deeper timbre and will report back in due course.

Nice Sport btw.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
MuZ Skorpion Tour, ETZ 300 or two (one with a sidecar - really insane mode of transport), a couple of TS125s, ETZ 125, BMW R100S and an Enfield Interceptor for daily use.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby edfmaniac » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Something like this might be worth a try as well if you don't like the sink drain strainer idea. LOL

https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket- ... gK8svD_BwE
s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg (6.67 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby dandywarhol » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:37 pm

I have a couple of these in my Yamaha TRX 850. They fit into the can, after the link pipe and really do take off the bark without affecting performance too much, although I removed them for a recent trackday and felt there was more top end power than a previous session with them in. I'm thinking of chopping them back to the first set of holes when I refit them.

They came with the Motad Venom cans

Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Postby lavrentyuk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 pm

I must admit I always rather liked the TRX and its a shame the MuZ plan to use the engine went nowhere.

Given the twin problems of the kit as supplied not fitting properly and the excessive noise I have to ask myself if its worth the bother of doing as I have so many other bikes to work on.

I would have to get fabricating both to remake the pipe and design something to fit inside the silencer. All in all a PITA.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
MuZ Skorpion Tour, ETZ 300 or two (one with a sidecar - really insane mode of transport), a couple of TS125s, ETZ 125, BMW R100S and an Enfield Interceptor for daily use.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby dandywarhol » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 pm

lavrentyuk wrote:I must admit I always rather liked the TRX and its a shame the MuZ plan to use the engine went nowhere.

Given the twin problems of the kit as supplied not fitting properly and the excessive noise I have to ask myself if its worth the bother of doing as I have so many other bikes to work on.

I would have to get fabricating both to remake the pipe and design something to fit inside the silencer. All in all a PITA.

Although similar, the Yamaha engine is different in many ways. It's a 10 valve twin with a 270/90 degree crank and a 5 speed 'box. It's a lovely torquey engine
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Previous

Return to 660 cc