New manufacturer of silencers/exhausts.

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

New manufacturer of silencers/exhausts.

Postby lavrentyuk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:13 am

Some new silencers on the market from Poland.

I have absolutely no idea what they are like - but curious.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOMINATOR-Exh ... 1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOMINATOR-Exh ... 0040.m2060

There is another more expensive one too - I just can't find it right now.

Richard
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
MuZ Skorpion Tour, ETZ 300 or two (one with a sidecar - really insane mode of transport), a couple of TS125s, ETZ 125, BMW R100S and an Enfield Interceptor for daily use.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Re: New manufacturer of silencers/exhausts.

Postby george2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Got one on Order for my Skorpion due next week.Will update!
george2

Postby lavrentyuk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:45 pm

I took the plunge too, will report back similarly.

I went for the round one.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
MuZ Skorpion Tour, ETZ 300 or two (one with a sidecar - really insane mode of transport), a couple of TS125s, ETZ 125, BMW R100S and an Enfield Interceptor for daily use.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby george2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Arrived on time and well packed.They are what they are a decent pipe for the money. About 2.5kgs lighter than the stock pipe! The sound is very nice lot louder than the stock pipe,and that is with db killer in! Engine sounds like it has been unleashed.Not been on a long run as yet will update!
george2

Postby lavrentyuk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:06 am

Mines here too - looks nice, well packaged, lighter.

I won;t be able to fit it until I get a day off sometime and I am a little worried about the fitting to a Sport.

How it works with the carburation remains to be seen - it may sound faster but go slower.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby edfmaniac » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 am

lavrentyuk wrote:Mines here too - looks nice, well packaged, lighter.

I won;t be able to fit it until I get a day off sometime and I am a little worried about the fitting to a Sport.

How it works with the carburation remains to be seen - it may sound faster but go slower.

Stock main jets are too big so more flow should be an improvement. Pull the snorkle out of the air box too and make you a good airfilter.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby lavrentyuk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:00 am

Well it runs nicely enough ........ But is clearly designed for the Tour not the Sport as I've had to fanny about extending the bracket.

It is also very loud, I dare not try it without the DB killer. It is quite a harsh, brash note as well.

Any ideas for toning it down a bit ?
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby edfmaniac » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:56 am

lavrentyuk wrote:Well it runs nicely enough ........ But is clearly designed for the Tour not the Sport as I've had to fanny about extending the bracket.

It is also very loud, I dare not try it without the DB killer. It is quite a harsh, brash note as well.

Any ideas for toning it down a bit ?

Not sure how it's built. Can you disassemble and snap photos? My two stroke gets very barky when the packing goes south, but don't know if your exhaust has packing at all, or if it can be replaced with better packing. Just don't know without more info. For what it's worth, the stock exhaust performs just fine unless you are modifying the engine substantially. It's just heavy. But if you are worried about weight, the wheels are the first thing that should go. Not easy, but it's the best performance upgrade. ;)
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby lavrentyuk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:00 am

Oh I know re wheels, silencer etc, I just fancied trying it.

It does have some packing along the walls - steel wool behind perforated steel sheet I'd say.

It is all held together with rivets. The DB killer with a small nut/bolt.

I have some stainless steel wool and may try additional packing if I can find a way of holding it in place.

All in the spirit of adventure and a slightly more sporting basso profundo exhaust note.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby george2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:20 am

Just been out on mine what a hoot! Yes it barks,but when you are in top it is fine! Took mine on the A46 gave it a blast got to the Ton no Probs! On the windy roads you can really here the exhaust pop and gurgle and when you open it up you will be heard.Did about a 40mile blast bike went fine,it reminded me of my old Baghira with its after market pipe.One thing i did notice the muffler does not get as hot as the stock one! Will try without the DB killer next time.
george2

Postby lavrentyuk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Mine isn't popping or gurgling, but by hell it barks.

It has also cured the popping on the overrun.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby edfmaniac » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:47 pm

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a loud bike if it sounds right to my ear. My hopped up engine with full race exhaust, oversized valves, and high lift cam makes a hell of a racket when you get on it. It sounds like a pro level 450 dirt bike but on steroids. LOL

A baffle in the center pipe on the silencer might be the answer to removing the bite but keeping the thump. I had a v-twin for a while that needed some exhaust note tuning when I bought it. The aftermarket pipes were loud with no baffles but the bike preferred the back pressure of the baffles, which sounded like crap. So I did some reading and discovered that some people were using a particular sink drain strainer. No shit! It worked too. Made the bike sound like a big ole Harley with high dollar aftermarket pipes, and provided the back pressure that the bike needed to run right. Just need to drill a 1/4" hole in the inner exhaust pipe where you want the baffle and bolt it in with one bolt. There might even be some holes in there already for the gases to move around through the packing. Worth a try if you aren't happy with the sound.

51ImMC2CRjL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
51ImMC2CRjL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (27.32 KiB) Viewed 5974 times
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby george2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:02 am

001.JPG
http://www.mzriders.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=4761&sid=075df6ab78d5e94dd41b185f068db471
george2

Postby lavrentyuk » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Hmm. Yours fits the Sport way better than mine.

There again mine is round whilst yours is oval - therefore presumably higher.

Weird.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby george2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:12 pm

No the Exhaust is a Round one the Camera angle makes it look like the Oval one. I had to fiddle with it to get it on too.
george2

Next

Return to 660 cc