skorpion big bore ?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

skorpion big bore ?

Postby emzed » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:22 pm

Thinking about getting a big bore kit for my skorpion sport .
Has anybody done this ? , and was it worth doing ? .

Thanks , emzed .
emzed

Postby keithcross » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:11 pm

Quite a few owners have fitted a 686cc big bore kit to their bikes. Boysie has fitted one to his Bahira with a mild gas flow and carbs modified to suit, and it really makes a difference. I went against him with my stock baghira. Times were
Standard 14.4 terminal speed 90mph
With bigbore kit 13.01 at 101mph.
You can get lots of tuning bits forthis engine. Look up competitive solutions in gGermany and Slipstream tuning in the UK.
There is also a stroke kit avaiable with a 105mm pistontaking the motor out to I think 727cc.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby emzed » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:09 am

Thanks Keith ,

I needed a second opinion to justify spending the money , these things
can cost a lot for little return .

Your response is much appreciated .

emzed
emzed

Postby boysie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:22 pm

Yeah, I did mine and it makes a fair bit of diference, there's not much point in just doing the big piston, get the head gasflowed at the same time...This gives the bike a lot more grunt,but still keeps the laid back nature of the standard motor...

BUT beware, it can cost a lot, I started out just doing the piston and head as the bike was using a fiar bit of oil, and it was my opinion that there was not much point in puting a stock piston back in.. As it turned out the extra compresion un-earthed a new problem, the small end was US..

So, then another decision had to made do I get a standard Yamaha rod or a Carrillo, then while the motor is apart it also had a new cam chain and taller first gear... So you see it can get expensive.

It has tured into a good bike, but if you had told me it was going to cost £1400 before I started, then I'm not sure
boysie

Return to 660 cc