new chain and sprockets on a baggie

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

new chain and sprockets on a baggie

Postby bry_d » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:42 am

hi folks
the chain on my 02 baggie decided it had enough of my ham fisted wheelieing attempts over the last year and a bit and decided to snap in two after only 5000 miles this happened about 70 miles from my house in the middle of nowhere i'm glad i have breakdown cover . i must have been lucky as i was only going about 50 mph when it spapped and the chain just rolled off the bike causing no damage to me or the bike even though i have no chain guard fitted. does anyone know what size the original chain and sprockets are as the baggie i've got came with a smaller front sprocket and larger back sprocket which made 1st gear pretty much pointless and gave a top speed about 90mph . does anyone have the original chain size and sprocket sizes or recomendations of what you guys have done to your bikes when messing around with sprocket sizes etc

cheers
bry_d

Postby gedge » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:10 pm

Standard gearing for the baggy is 45/15 and 43/15 for the Mastiff..HTH

Do you know what rear sprocket you had fitted ( size and manufacturer etc )as I would like a bigger one for mine if I decide to keep it :?
gedge

Postby keithcross » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:27 pm

The chain is a 520 pitch chain with I think 114 links.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Return to 660 cc