skorp fun

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

skorp fun

Postby oldbiker1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:16 am

After a decent ride last week in all altitudes, 100m to 1900m my Skorp was a dream to ride! 3030kms to return home. There was an annoying rattle very evident and loosening left mirror. MMM well up it went on the bike hoist and I discovered the left mirror mount had broken!! So now I have the subframe off ready to reweld it, and I picked up 2 new mirrors to mount onto the clutch and front brake lever.
ALSO while the Skorp was on the hoist, removed the carbs and cleaned them out(luckily I did), and leaned out the air screw to 3 turns out instead of the 4 1/4 turns out that was present. One thing I didnt take note of was where the vacuum hoses went!! So now I have 2 vacuum hoses(long) on each side of the carbies. The bike sounds crisper at idle and up to 5000 without any hesitation. I cant wait to finish the front of the bike to try it out now!
WIth the yearly registration check coming up next week, I have to finish it this week!
oldbiker1

Re: skorp fun

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:59 pm

lots of pictures help ..take some that show where things go before taking something apart
then you know

i have the seat and tank off my traveller if you need some pictures
dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to 660 cc