Introduction to the forum

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Introduction to the forum

Postby JimBuck2 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Hello to all of you,
I'm a long time owner, but new to the forum. I live in the USA, so MZ 660 information seems hard to come by. I will appreciate any that you can offer.

First, the bike I own: 2001 MZ 660 Baghira, Red, approximately 4K miles. Have clear title.
The bike has been disassembled and stored indoors for years. This is due to the engine requiring a complete top end and bottom end repair. All parts are there for the complete motorcycle and in great condition. Since you will likely wonder, I will only say that the Yamaha 660 failure was due entirely to operator maintenance error. Other than that, they probably ARE bulletproof!
Considering these options:
1. Rebuilding the Yamaha 660. When I looked into this in the past, mechanics familiar with the Yamaha Raptor 660 were uncertain if this engine was different spec and were concerned it might fail if raptor parts were used. It's also expensive given the resale value of the motorcycle.
2. Selling for parts.
3. Selling all to a rider or mechanic that would rebuild it.
4.??
Questions:
-What topic should I post to regarding this subject in the future?
-Is there a shop in the (Western) US that is somewhat familiar with the MZ 660?
I did enjoy the motorcycle, but it's time to free up the space and move on from this chapter...

Thanks in advance for your consideration and advice,
Jimmy
JimBuck2

Return to 660 cc