firmer front suspension

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

firmer front suspension

Postby credit » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:57 pm

I have been out thrasing the Baggie.. It's a blast with the new gears and all my mods to date. The tyres Pirelli Diablos are nice and gummy too. Whats the next step to making the suspension a tad firmer to handle speed. I've been using the superbikers pose and tuck to limit wind resistance and keep it steady. Is there anthing short of a set of OLINS up front that I can use.
credit

Postby phlat65 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:58 am

2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby credit » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:29 pm

that post goes nowhere except a cheap fix that was never brought to fruition. Ohlins baby that's what I want.. who knows the right specs
credit

Re: firmer front suspension

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:10 am

credit wrote:I have been out thrasing the Baggie.. It's a blast with the new gears and all my mods to date. The tyres Pirelli Diablos are nice and gummy too. Whats the next step to making the suspension a tad firmer to handle speed. I've been using the superbikers pose and tuck to limit wind resistance and keep it steady. Is there anthing short of a set of OLINS up front that I can use.

So, how are the Diablos ?? have you pushed the old MT's to the limit, If so how do the Diablos compare, I'm assuming when I put mine on I should get better front end stability and much better grip heeled over...
when you first got your baggy and got her up to 70 mph and beyond does the front end feel nervous. especially If its a little breezy out. I read that a street front tire helps alot ? read that from a guy in the UK, he had the same complaint as I do...
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

Postby credit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:21 am

a good tuck at speeds helps the most ..for stability..
credit

Return to 660 cc