dealer relations

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

dealer relations

Postby 125SMash » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:14 pm

well, battery replaced with a more powerfull one and still same old starting problem.
good news though, i friend of mine got a van with a hitch, so i'm renting a trailer for next teusday and bringing it to a newly discovered mz dealer in the nearby city.

one thing is, this is my first bike, and only impression i have of dealers is from word of mouth/web forums.
is there anything(scams/rip off tactics) i should watch out for?
bike is 3 months old so 2 year warranty should cover it fine
2002 MZ 125SM
125SMash

Postby 125SMash » Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:57 am

just as i expected.

after a week of 'call me back's
the dealer is telling me the damage was most likely done by a disk lock
'whether by you[me] or i dont know who ever you got the bike from'
(with the tone of voice hinting that its 'obviously the dumb user')
even thought i was very much clear that i got it from another authorized dealer just like him, and the bike squeeked from the moment it was rolled down from the truck, explained by the selling dealer that the brakes just had to be 'worn in') :evil:

now that that supposed damage has occured, 'this could be bent' 'that could be damaged,' so once certain things are ordered they can proceed
with the elimination method and then 'he'll ask MZ, if i should be charged'
which - judging by his attitude - is probable.

anyways, just wanted to vent some of the frustration i have associated with my bike and dealerships

i'll be gone for the rest of the week, but i'll try to check the net from the road

merry christmas / happy holidays
2002 MZ 125SM
125SMash

Dealers

Postby jarow » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:38 pm

Smash, which dealer did you get your bike from and which dealer did you bring it to . There are other Mz dealers in the NY/NJ area that are not on the MZ WEB site.
jarow

Postby 125SMash » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:53 pm

selling dealer was NORTH COUNTY CYCLES in upstate New York (somewhere around Utica)

i called motorradna direct, to inquire a more updated dealer list, but they reffered me back to the webpage.
the closest dealer i was able to find for servcing is Formula One Motorsports in Long Island.

aside from delays and weird vibe, i dont have anything bad to say about the current dealer, except maybe that i had to rent a trailer and crawl in traffic for 4 hours to get the bike to them.
if you know dealers closer to zip code 10304 please let me know.

thanks
2002 MZ 125SM
125SMash

Postby RichBeBe » Fri May 14, 2004 7:34 pm

I used to work for the owner fo Formula one and I can say he is not the nicest guy in the world. But on the plus side after working for 15 years in the motorcycle industry that one of their mechanics (Phil) might be the best mechanic I know. Ray also knows a thing or two about spinning wrenches. Not sure who else is out there, but Chet the parts manager is a bit gruff but he is a very good manager and knows how to get stuff done.
So there's my 2 cents
RichBeBe

Postby 125SMash » Fri May 14, 2004 7:55 pm

i think ive dealt with chad and phil.
phil seemed cool and friendly.

anyway, fortunately for me i just discovered that Prospect Yamaha in brooklyn carries MZ scooters and will service the bike.
so i guess i'll be going there from now on.

@rich- got any feedback on anyone from prospect?
2002 MZ 125SM
125SMash

Return to 125 cc