Jetting advise

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Jetting advise

Postby Nobog » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Hello MZer's

Its been a long time since posting but still have a 125 MT that earmarked for #2 daughter, time to get 'er fixed up even though riding season in now 6 months away, hardly seems like fall when its 84 deg outside! (Wisconsin)

Some might recall I did a MZ web site for a review on my Tour but alas, the web site is gone as is the Tour. I am out in the country now and do not commute on a motorcycle anymore, the risk of hitting a deer is just to great (like when I did $4K damage to my car). So now my ride is a DR650 Suzuki that I use for exploring the backroads around the area - just a blast - and I retain that thumper feeling!

In hindsight, the Tour was one of the best motorcycles I have ever owned, its all been said before but sad to see MZ go.

So it is..

Anyway, back to the 125... just going through the carb and stock is 100 main jet and a 15 pilot jet. Is that the best bet for this motor or can improvements be made (richer maybe ?)

thanks in advance for any advise and happy motoring.

Jim :smt006
Nobog

Re: Jetting advise

Postby stephendacosta » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:27 pm

While the parts book lists primary jets at 15 and an optional 20, no size is listed for the main jet. I have several 125's and have the stock 100 in some, while using a 150 in any that blue the exhaust pipe or seem a little down on power. A mild increase in power has been observed. My altitude here in Ohio is about 1000' above sea level. When using any other exhaust besides stock, I've considered the 150 necessary; however there doesn't seem to be any difference in how the motor runs. The lower back pressure exhausts also do not seem to affect the power output(no better). ---Steve
Stephen DaCosta
1995 Skorpion Sport; ten-MZ 125's;2009 BMW G650GS;1981 GS450 Suzuki Roadracer
stephendacosta

Return to 125 cc