MZ 125 SM/SX OFFICIAL ACCESSORY & TOOLS

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MZ 125 SM/SX OFFICIAL ACCESSORY & TOOLS

Postby iskarin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:58 am

The list of accessory available for the SM/SX and the serial no.
Attachments
mz accessory3.jpg
mz accessory3.jpg (63.55 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
mz acsessory.jpg
mz acsessory.jpg (78.28 KiB) Viewed 6170 times
accessory.JPG
accessory.JPG (99.26 KiB) Viewed 6170 times
Last edited by iskarin on Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Ride With Me -
:smt096 MZ 125 SM
iskarin

Postby ptong » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:40 am

can anyone tell me what the diagram above the forks represents on the 2nd page that was scanned?

thanks
ptong
ptong

Postby iskarin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:58 am

I've got this over the internet by some guy and below is the link to his article. Correct me if i got it wrong but somehow i understand it works that way. Because the 125 SM/SX has it installed by default and i guess the additional accessories is for the ppl who want something more than the "CONTRACT FREE CAPACITOR IGNITION (CDI)" Which i dunno the difference.. hehehehehehheh :-D Oh ya if someone can highlight to me the difference or the advantage of the accessory i might want to chg mine myself.. http//www.users.bigpond.com/jack_stands/automotive_advice/ignition_system/ignition_2.html

CDI ( Capacitor Discharge ignition )
The thing has a whole bank of capacitors and is electronically controlled it delivers a big Charge at the coil secondary and the switching is triggered by a magnet on the rotor and the Coil charged by an inner charge coil on the crank rotor it does not need a battery great for Motocross and Road racing. where weight is a premium factor. On some road trail bikes there is another charge coil for the head light too and it bleeds a bit too a small battery to toot the horn or run the blinkers or tail lamp if fitted.

There are variations on this in bikes but the principle is the same (save a magneto ignition)
of which produces the secondary current from itself, very big, very dangerous to play with.
they only need half a crank to fire a bolt of power up your arm.
This is a popular trick in hot rod shops Hey hold this screwdriver here ill just turn the lever a little.
Hey don't roll on the floor you'll get dirty !

The next generation of ignition coils are not oil cooled and have a different configuration they are not centre wound coils instead the are wound on to an E shaped pole a much cooler and more powerful wind with less EMRadiation and line noise similarly as toroidal coils are like a doughnut and provide good performance in audio applications with low noise they are not just wound on to a post one inside the other.

This has many benefits for computer controlled ignition as it as a much more predictable and controllable coil remember the computer does not turn the coil on and off that is done by the module the computer just allows the crank angle sensor to operate the module and gets a reference signal from it too for engine speed so it can go and do the fuel stuff with the rest of the info it gathers the computer can also signal the module to set its advance curve so the computer will contain ignition mapping as well or on some fords this was done at a multi function module on the Distributor with engine speed read there you may have tested the P.I.P output of one before.
You will see this in schematic diagrams in tech manuals. Each system has its small functional differences to this so over the period of time I will post details and codes and tests for each of these systems I can get all the info on, and I've got a lot already.
- Ride With Me -
iskarin

Postby micheleen » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:58 pm

The diagram above the forks is for the 80km/hr restricted speed setup. It uses a sensor on the rear wheel to cut out the ignition when you reach 80km/hr. Doubt if anyone here woul want to retro-fit it :shock:

Cheers, Mike
micheleen

Postby jbthumper » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:58 pm

ptong wrote:can anyone tell me what the diagram above the forks represents on the 2nd page that was scanned?

thanks

I think that's the handguard mounting, plastic engine guard(or slide plate) and the rally rack.
jbthumper

Postby micheleen » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:00 pm

Sorry I was going on the bit on the 3rd page above the fork diagram :?

Cheers, Mike
micheleen

Postby jbthumper » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:10 pm

no harm done. actually i was just reading through it just now.

Does anyone know if the is any speed/rev limiter for 6th gear....because i'm saying that the 5th gear can be revved so high...but not the 6th.....
...heard someone said it's normal,though
jbthumper

Postby micheleen » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:41 pm

jbthumper wrote:Does anyone know if the is any speed/rev limiter for 6th gear....because i'm saying that the 5th gear can be revved so high...but not the 6th.....
...heard someone said it's normal,though

It's called lack of power :lol: . The only time I can reach max revs in sixth gear is on a long downhill. The limiter I referred to above works only on speed, it doesn't matter which gear you're in.

Cheers, Mike
micheleen

Postby ptong » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:32 pm

which is where the 150 kit comes in... increase in power across the range and as it gets worked in my engine is getting sweeter and sweeter!
:D
ptong
ptong

Postby iskarin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:36 pm

This is how our standard bike setup like
Attachments
ignition 01.jpg
ignition 01.jpg (59.19 KiB) Viewed 6141 times
igniton 02.JPG
igniton 02.JPG (54.65 KiB) Viewed 6140 times
ignition 03.jpg
ignition 03.jpg (51.99 KiB) Viewed 6141 times
- Ride With Me -
iskarin

Postby iskarin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:37 pm

The last page
Attachments
ignition 004.JPG
ignition 004.JPG (116.82 KiB) Viewed 6140 times
- Ride With Me -
iskarin

Postby jbthumper » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:46 am

micheleen wrote:
It's called lack of power :lol: .
Cheers, Mike

:shock: :lol:

But if u want to feel power in 6th gear w/o engine mod....try 14t front and 56t rear sprockets... :-D when u hit 90km/h the engine gonna sounds like it's going to burse!!hehe
as for the upgraade kit...i'm waiting for powroll to come out with the 170 kit...but if they don't. I'll make them.... :twisted: (hah!like i can...) :lol:
jbthumper

Return to 125 cc