MZ TS 125 1987- New bike, a little help needed!

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MZ TS 125 1987- New bike, a little help needed!

Postby josephfox » Sun May 26, 2013 5:13 am

Hi there,

I've just bought my first MZ, its a lovely looking, army green TS 125- It needs a little bit of work till I can take her back on the road and as it's my first bike so naturally I am learning on the job! I have a slight problem as I haven't yet got a manual- So Iam A little in the dark as to how they work. My first problem is this: The side panel that is on the off-side (right) is missing... Is it where the air filter should be or is it simply a tool box? If anyone knows i'd be grateful of a little help.

Can anyone also suggest a decent stockist for things like brake/clutch cables or should I head to Ebay?

Cheers guys

Looking forward to seeing you all on the road soon!

Joe (Uk-East Sussex)
josephfox

Re: MZ TS 125 1987- New bike, a little help needed!

Postby jacquesvins » Sun May 26, 2013 2:50 pm

josephfox wrote:Hi there,

I've just bought my first MZ, its a lovely looking, army green TS 125- It needs a little bit of work till I can take her back on the road and as it's my first bike so naturally I am learning on the job! I have a slight problem as I haven't yet got a manual- So Iam A little in the dark as to how they work. My first problem is this: The side panel that is on the off-side (right) is missing... Is it where the air filter should be or is it simply a tool box? If anyone knows i'd be grateful of a little help.

Can anyone also suggest a decent stockist for things like brake/clutch cables or should I head to Ebay?

Cheers guys

Looking forward to seeing you all on the road soon!

Joe (Uk-East Sussex)

Hi Joseph,
I recently bought a non-running mz ts 125 1985 or 1986 and am trying to get it going....electrical problem I am sure now - just waiting for a battery to test the systems.... you will need one too.....the emergency start will not work on an older bike I have been reliably informed.

To answer you questions...... parts a luckily readily available..... try www.themzshop.co.uk and search for your model on the left and scroll down for full images etc - fantastic site....
Then also look at www.ost2rad.com
If you go e-bay or Amazon you will find a manual for your bike - I bought the Haynes one, but have been dissapointed with it, some claim there are actual mistakes in it...... so try another.....

Regarding your side cover, is it the little door like plate that is missing..... if it is then no worry there is nothing in there.... its just an empty space, possibly just a space for tools, spare plug etc.
If you have no box like cover then you will have no air filter either.... but if the box is there then to remove it firstly remove the left hand side cover, the one that covers the battery and from that side you will be able to hold down the screws that go through the frame that holds the right hand cover which then comes away as one piece in which the air filter is located...

I trust this assists you,

Cheers,

jacquesvins
jacquesvins

Return to 125 cc