Problems with keeping up revs. Need some help

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Problems with keeping up revs. Need some help

Postby tony211289 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:32 am

ETZ 125 1991

Hay guys, i'v posted here before about the problem I had with my bike. Originally I thought it was something to do with the clutch or the choke. Checked them all out following your advices and everything was fine.

Now i'm begging to think maybe the carb gasket is blowing.

Here are the symptoms:

When the bike is cold, it starts fine, keeps idle, revs perfectly. After I have a ride on it and it heats up, if I let the revs drop below about 1.5k or there about, the bike starts running a little poorly and can't seem to bumps the revs back up from the first twist of the throttle unless the revs are high already, i'll need to stay there and twist it back and forth until it pick back up, otherwise it just cuts out and is really hard to start again until it cools down to a certain point.

I'm thinking it's the gasket between the manifold and the carb. Maybe when the engine heats up, it expands and the gasket looses it's integrity and starts letting in way too much air. Is this plausible?

Thought i'd ask here before I dive in and start taking things apart. Would love to hear your thoughts, maybe some one had a similar problem and can shine light on this issue.

Tony
tony211289

Re: Problems with keeping up revs. Need some help

Postby den » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:35 pm

hi , if you think theres a gasket leaking when it gets hot then try this ,
Spray the outside with "easy start" , if there is a leak then the vapours will get sucked in the leaking area
and the revs should rise,
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Return to 125 cc