some are great but some don't

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

some are great but some don't

Postby amon goeth » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:22 pm

hi guys..... just wanna share with u some of high end name in bike manufacturer with some different bike built.both of this prilly n honda are 125ers.prilly are 2T n the xr are 4T.this prilly looks great with its bigger front disc, upside down fork and thick swing arm which looks more robust but the headlight are dork.the xr headlight is dope but other part were suck (no offence to the xr owner :-D !) i never ride the xr.perhaps their powerband could shut up all this cosmetic thing. :wink:
Attachments
xr1.jpg
xr1.jpg (89.52 KiB) Viewed 6129 times
prilly2.jpg
prilly2.jpg (110.24 KiB) Viewed 6129 times
prilly1.jpg
prilly1.jpg (96.06 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
quench my thirst with gasoline !
amon goeth

Postby jbthumper » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:16 am

wrong comparison lah bro....it's not exactly apple with apple...but it's ok....the honda is a commuter bike that's why it's a 4stroke,not really race prep...and the aprilia is a race bike=2stroke,floating disc,race prep....

i've riddin an xr2....the advantage is that it is damn light!

just my 2cent
:smt033
jbthumper

Postby amon goeth » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:42 am

errrr ... thumper .... i never seen people racing a motard with a 2T ... perhaps u can show me one ... :wink:

p/s : dude. why not u give us here in KL a visit and perhaps we can do a motard session. a remote, legal and actual track area and i can say its FOC .... i race my moskito twice :twisted: there !
amon goeth

Postby jbthumper » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:28 am

if u want to see 2stroke motard...you can google it or go to singaporean site to search...there are lots of wr2 converted to motard...they race yearly...supported by the government(SMSA)...it's in Kallang,Singapore.

p/s:i'm no motard...converted long time ago... :wink:

eye candy:
Attachments
wr.jpg
wr.jpg (307.56 KiB) Viewed 6101 times
jbthumper

Postby amon goeth » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:56 am

Hmmmmm .... :shock: seem to me that the bike is rather look like a street bike. got a no. plate on its tail and its not really a race prepin' machine. king mcgrath do say that the power band of the 4T for the motard is really smooth and easy to control. so that u seen most of the european and state riders favour for the 4T. i've watch the british supermoto series on the espn. none of them riding the 2T. anyway thank for your info .... at least i got some of the info bout this motard racing machine.... :wink:
amon goeth

Postby jbthumper » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:14 am

amon goeth wrote:errrr ... thumper .... i never seen people racing a motard with a 2T ... perhaps u can show me one ... :wink:

i'm just saying that there are people who race 2stroke bikes.

powerband wise....of course 2stroke bikes would be the monster....
4stroke easy to control??not the KTM 520SX...this thing is not for rookies...but maybe ok for people like mcgrath...

P/s: a race prep bike is a bike that is ready for action(race prepaired) when needed ie the MX... uses high performance parts rather than high durability parts(doesn't have to be a track bike)....a non race prep bike is the opposite and uses more practical parts...
jbthumper

Postby amon goeth » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:50 pm

my bad .... :wink: i should mention that the 2T bike wasnt for racing officially. i dont see any AMA or FIM organised supermoto racer riding a 2T bike. perhaps the image that u've shown was race unofficially or its just a supermoto wannabees ... :?

anyway thank mate for the info ... glad to hear anything from you ! :D
amon goeth

Postby mxsteven » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:37 pm

cool..... i love the swing arm....

ps: anyone looking for aprillia moto 6.5 well here have one unregister new unit here...

everything got.
AP form.
Purchase form
Kastam letter
Tax clearance bill.

Fully import..
im willing to let go at RM24k with loan
ps: used moto 6.5 selling here about +-18 ~ 22k why not get a new one... i include registering for u.
Where u go, it's up to u,
Where u ride, it's in ur hand,
What u think, it's in ur mind,
Think b4 u do, Ride safe.

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby jbthumper » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:27 am

amon goeth, i guess you can say that they are wannabees..hahah..i don't think a 2stroke can do power slides on a motard track :-D

mxsteven wrote:cool..... i love the swing arm....

ps: anyone looking for aprillia moto 6.5 well here have one unregister new unit here...

everything got.
AP form.
Purchase form
Kastam letter
Tax clearance bill.

Fully import..
ps: used moto 6.5 selling here about +-18 ~ 22k why not get a new one... i include registering for u.

wish i had the money.... :cry: :D ....very tempting... :-D
jbthumper

Postby biolator » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:24 am

everything got.
AP form.
Purchase form
Kastam letter
Tax clearance bill.

Fully import..

how the modification for the fork? when it is ready? i think , i'm looking at it too... i hope it is possible i can find a suitable fork can be fit into MZ, upside down fork...
-zaki-
biolator

Postby mxsteven » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:44 am

i will do the carb first.... this friday got gathering at bangsar.... come to my workshop at 9.00pm dun run into the bushes and get chased by wild dog again :-D :-D :-D

biolator wrote:

everything got.
AP form.
Purchase form
Kastam letter
Tax clearance bill.

Fully import..

how the modification for the fork? when it is ready? i think , i'm looking at it too... i hope it is possible i can find a suitable fork can be fit into MZ, upside down fork...

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby biolator » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:06 am

i'll join if i can... tommorow is it?
-zaki-
biolator

Postby iskarin » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:02 am

mxsteven wrote:i will do the carb first.... this friday got gathering at bangsar.... come to my workshop at 9.00pm dun run into the bushes and get chased by wild dog again :-D :-D :-D

Yaaaa very funny steve :lol:

No bro i can't make it tomorrow working aahh.. How come Friday dude m OFF on Saturday. I thot they always have it on Saturday? :?
- Ride With Me -
:smt096 MZ 125 SM
iskarin

Postby mxsteven » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:38 am

yeah 2morrow... well gimme a call b4 u come or call me if u cant make it.

biolator wrote:i'll join if i can... tommorow is it?

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby mxsteven » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:53 am

cant make it ah... then saturday lorrrrr.....
we do gathering almost everyday hahaha...
but friday bikers gathering in bangsar is organised by me from my old group long long time ago which is back in 1998.. till today every1 sticking to it and we named it TGIF bikers gathering. it is a long story how it is started... well if we have some time when we gathering then i'll tell u the story... some of u should already know... it is started on chrismas eve 1998. well old memories which is so sweet to remember the past which through thick and thin, we rides counterless miles from day till dawn nomatter young or old bikers are welcome and any bike will do. In the past we were much more happy and lots of event but now most of my bikers friend were married which have no time to ride, some give up biking, some lost contact and lastly everyone know this man in my group he is our father and he always cheers us up, he's name is Franco and he past away while riding to thailand last year... well i hope he rest in peace which he have a lot of respect from all the bikers over malaysia, singapore and thailand. He thought us a lot of things and he brings a lot of happiness. Now i belive that his bikers souls still with us which he will help to protect us. may god bless you.

regards
MXsteven

iskarin wrote:
mxsteven wrote:i will do the carb first.... this friday got gathering at bangsar.... come to my workshop at 9.00pm dun run into the bushes and get chased by wild dog again :-D :-D :-D

Yaaaa very funny steve :lol:

No bro i can't make it tomorrow working aahh.. How come Friday dude m OFF on Saturday. I thot they always have it on Saturday? :?

MXsteven
mxsteven

Next

Return to 125 cc