I gone crazy....so who wanna 2 join me?:smt076

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

I gone crazy....so who wanna 2 join me?:smt076

Postby mxsteven » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:58 am

Im going to turbo charge my MZ with a very low boost at 0.2 bar.

Im using a IHI turbine which took out from Daihatsu Mira, The piping is a bit headache but no worry.....2 protect my engine from overboost i will need to put in a wastegate and a blow valve which i have to configure till 0.2bar.

before that i already custom a double metal gasket to make sure my bike is in low compression so that it wont kill my pistons....

After my project done, i have to ride slowly and have to monitor all the while....But this is not for long term... just wanna 2 try see how it goes...

ps: do u think i better use other bike than MZ? or budget style do it on a honda cub hahahahahaha.....
Where u go, it's up to u,
Where u ride, it's in ur hand,
What u think, it's in ur mind,
Think b4 u do, Ride safe.

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby amon goeth » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:38 am

dude ! i dont think it was a smart move :shock: ......... for better or worse i'll rather keep mine in standard form. but u can give it a try anyway. let see how thier 'bulletproof' claimed german engine can be 'turbo crackin proof' german engine ....
quench my thirst with gasoline !
amon goeth

Postby jbthumper » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:58 am

you can try...but if it fails....man oh man...whole new top end,here i come :D
but if you succeed....you could make money by selling the blue prints to a major manufacturer!!can even name the system by your liking... :-D
gd luck! hope you won't blow the head off!!literally!
:smt033
jbthumper

Postby mxsteven » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:43 am

hehehe thanks thanks i will take precaution when doing it....

amon goeth wrote:dude ! i dont think it was a smart move :shock: ......... for better or worse i'll rather keep mine in standard form. but u can give it a try anyway. let see how thier 'bulletproof' claimed german engine can be 'turbo crackin proof' german engine ....

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby mxsteven » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:44 am

hahaha..... i just hope the boost is sufficient....

jbthumper wrote:you can try...but if it fails....man oh man...whole new top end,here i come :D
but if you succeed....you could make money by selling the blue prints to a major manufacturer!!can even name the system by your liking... :-D
gd luck! hope you won't blow the head off!!literally!

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby mxsteven » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:04 am

i've tried a simulation today.... it seems like the boost is quite low and it comes in too late which is high rev. Anyway there is still a way... hmmmm will update ya later.

MXsteven
mxsteven

Even that tiny turbo is big for a 125...

Postby jawzx » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:16 pm

Even the tiny turbo from a Mira is designed to work with the exhaust gas volume produced by a 650cc engine. I'm not surprised your boost comes late and is low. I'd think the ideal way to boost an engine this small would be with a supercharger. It eliminiates lag (a real killer on a small displacement engine) and there are some itty-bitty blowers made for 2-stroke scooters that would probly work with the MZ. Only problem with a supercharger is finding a power take-off point. Maybe the alternator/flywheel shaft?
2002 125-SM
jawzx

Re: Even that tiny turbo is big for a 125...

Postby mxsteven » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:59 am

yeah i agree with ur comment... but i think it is costly if any mistakes...MZ parts here price are killing.....

maybe i'll test on my ZZR250...

jawzx wrote:Even the tiny turbo from a Mira is designed to work with the exhaust gas volume produced by a 650cc engine. I'm not surprised your boost comes late and is low. I'd think the ideal way to boost an engine this small would be with a supercharger. It eliminiates lag (a real killer on a small displacement engine) and there are some itty-bitty blowers made for 2-stroke scooters that would probly work with the MZ. Only problem with a supercharger is finding a power take-off point. Maybe the alternator/flywheel shaft?

MXsteven
mxsteven

Return to 125 cc