MZ Saxon 301 Parking Light

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MZ Saxon 301 Parking Light

Postby MartinK » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 am

Chaps

I could do with a bit of help please. It surrounds the grey wires, and parking lights.

A previous owner had made a cut in the parking light (grey) wire as it exits the ignition switch, and wired it direct into the front headlamp pilot light. In turn the pilot light does not connect to anything else! So with "park" on the ignition switch, only the front pilot bulb comes on.

Because this has been disconnected from the rest of the loom, when I put the bike to "run" on the ignition, and then use the parking light switch on the L handlebar, only the REAR light comes on (and the instrument illumination)

So I guess my question is, when the bike has the ignition set to "park" with the parking lights on, does your instruments panel light up as well? I can't see a way where this can be disabled. On mine, if the rear parking light is on, then the instrument panel is also lit. I was going to wire the front parking light into this same circuit (which is what it looks like in the manual's wiring diagram). Is that right?

Cheers
MartinK

Re: MZ Saxon 301 Parking Light

Postby Puffs » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:01 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby MartinK » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:18 am

Yes, Thanks Puffs and David. Managed to fix it. The bike's obviously had ignition issues in the past and someone's tried to fix it. Sadly doing a bad job. All working now. I've also got a new Elec Ignition (suggested by you I thing Puffs?) from Turbo Zabytki, that should be the final fix to get the bike's electrics stable and reliable :)
MartinK

Postby Puffs » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:08 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby Kruh » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Yes, please do let us know how it goes.
I'm quite interested in how well they are made. Specifically, how centered the magneto is, i.e. how true it runs.

While on the subject, I compared the 2 companies fitting the same exact ignition system - turbo zabytki and audio bas. Just, by taking a look at their pictures, you can tell that audiobas seems to be doing a better job.
If you look at the taper, you can see that they make a costum one-piece taper to replace the original gy6 one. And they are quite beefy; very thick sidewall.
Unlike turbo zabytki, where they have a taper within a taper adapter, which isn't the most ideal solution.

But, those are just opinions, I don't have experience with them personally. So I would really like to hear a first hand experince with that particupar set.

Also, that company (audiobas) offers now a set for etz models.
http://www.wsk.audiobas.pl/sklep/9-zaplony-cdi?page=1
Kruh

Postby Kruh » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Just for reference, so you can see exactly what I mean
Turbo zabytki version, with an adapter:

And audiobas with one solid piece:

Kruh

Postby MartinK » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:06 am

Thanks Kruh
I asked both companies for a copy of the install instructions prior to order, and found turbo zabytki to have the better support (in English), be more responsive, and be slightly cheaper.
Having said that, it's still not dispatched, so I have not moved any further yet!
They were on holiday (could be COVID related I guess) until today so I hope i'll get an update
MartinK

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:34 am

remember all types of ignition system need good clean power or the little spark is not up to the JOB

and read this guys site
http://www.gofastforless.com/
dave

relay 19 and or 30 on the 4 stroke MZ wire drawing if its going bad it can cause a nightmare of problems

the old 2 smokers have had too many hands working on them to cause a good man nightmares
dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby Puffs » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:15 am

Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puffs

Postby MartinK » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:17 am

the old 2 smokers have had too many hands working on them to cause a good man nightmares

That's why I decided to "do it right" and replace it all, new battery and the turbo zabytki system. As far as I can see all instruments/switches/lights are now as MZ intended, and I have them all working.
It was a rat's nest, and improving constantly.
MartinK

Postby MartinK » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:28 am

Puffs - you are right! I just mailed and checked, as it's based on GY6 I assumed 150W.
If there's any doubt in their reply I'll cancel and go with AudioBas. I've attached the wiring diagram for the torbozabytki in case anyone is interested
Attachments
4 (3 x czerwony) new.jpg
MartinK

Postby Puffs » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:46 am

Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby MartinK » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:43 am

The Turbozabytki guys came back and said they have shipment delays until the end of the month :(
This is their video:
https://youtu.be/bEBp_u6XOFs

However I am thinking of cancelling now because of the delays in shipment, and placing the order with Audiobas
MartinK

Postby Puffs » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:52 am

Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby MartinK » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:19 am

Yes Puffs, they are blaming out-of-stock because of COVID shipping delays on the ray product...
I have not paid yet, they said they would contact me when back in stock
MartinK

Return to Vintage Motorcycles