ES125/1 Toolbox Lock

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

ES125/1 Toolbox Lock

Postby Jamb0 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:42 pm

Now that I've finally got my ES125/1 working (after chasing a dead ignition coil for weeks that worked out the engine but not under compression (even though it should have been my first guess after dropping the original down the stairs :oops:)), I'm moving on to the odd jobs left on my bike and one of those is figuring out how the toolbox cover stays on.

It currently has a bodge of a universal key lock (without the key) that isn't a very good bodge because it doesn't actually hold the cover on at all. I can get hold of the correct size lock easily on eBay, however looking at the drawings for it in my manual I come across something else I'm missing called a 'lock plate for safety lock' (13-28.090 item 8, picture below)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TvwVDRhFFABnH8pM6

Can anyone please explain what this is actually for? A brief search online reveals nothing, so if I need it for the cover to stay on, does anyone know of anywhere (ideally in the UK) where one could be sourced?

Also, there appears to be some sort of gasket (item 4 on the picture) which I assume is used to seal the toolbox cover against the fairing, can anybody confirm please?

Thanks
Jamb0

Re: ES125/1 Toolbox Lock

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:51 pm

i think it locks the key lock in the outer cover maybe by being turned 1/4 turn after being installed
on the lock on back side of tool box lid
my German - = 0 and the German to English translate programs are not much better some times

compare that o ring to the air filter or air filter lid / cover
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Re: ES125/1 Toolbox Lock

Postby Puffs » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:02 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Return to Vintage Motorcycles