Deja Vu - all over again

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Deja Vu - all over again

Postby dirtsurfer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:51 am

I took the shortcut in replacing the crankcase seals. Removing the clutch and generator, I drilled holes in the seals and screwed a couple of metal fixing screws a few turns and the pulled on the screws to remove the seals.

MZochist
dirtsurfer

Postby dirtsurfer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:01 am

Puffs wrote:Leaks at the base of the cylinder are sometimes difficult to find.

Noted. Whilst mine is vastly improved after replacing the crankshaft seals, I still have some fine tuning to do. Maybe I'll lift the cylinder and see what is happening under there.
MZochist
dirtsurfer

Postby dirtsurfer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:54 am

Blurredman wrote:
I have a similar issue, although I did a full engine rebuild on my ES250/2, the bike does behave a bit screwy with almost run away type screaming when pulling on the throttle (does eventually come down) and doesn't idle very well- tends to slow down to cutting off completely... I however am still aware that I really need to get the bike on the road and actually ride the bugger.. Some times running things properly and having a little ride loosens things up and makes a vehicle behave better.
Sounds and looks (from your video) like a similar issue. If you did a full rebuild though the seals should be OK. I also replaced the carb on mine as the original was quite worn .
MZochist
dirtsurfer

Postby Puffs » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:21 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Previous

Return to Vintage Motorcycles