Ts250/1

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Ts250/1

Postby Puffs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:09 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby AlanJ » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:55 am

Hi Sparks,
The Guys are all giving good advice, but as I have a 77 TS250/1 myself, I thought, stick me five pennyworth in, so, starting my TS
Fuel on, no ign, full choke and three good kicks, then, choke off ign on and a good kick or two and you should be ding dinging The reason
I have mentioned all that is because, if you don't do something similar to start your TS, then, like mine it will be a COW to start.
As the Guys have mentioned, the rubber disc on the choke piston can be a problem, but you have that sorted. To be honest Sparks, I have
changed the main seals on my three Z's for double lipped, easy to do and the only tool needed is a clutch puller. Wish you well
Stay Safe Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Sparks26 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:00 pm

Hi all,
Thank you for all your advice and sorry for not getting back sooner but got into another project.
Anyway got back into the ts a few days ago and now it’s running,I need to give a bit of history regarding the vape fitting.
I was advised by the engine builder who also fitted the new vape system not to connect the relay supplied with the vape because if the battery was flat you would not be able to start the bike. His suggestion was to fit a simple switch instead of the relay. The switch when closed shorts the coil supply to earth.
Well it was this switch that was the problem, although the switch checked out ok with an ohm meter it must have been arcing with the higher voltage.
I have fitted a 250 volt switch and at the moment is running ok
Sparks26

Postby Puffs » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:26 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Previous

Return to Vintage Motorcycles