Air pump location on our MZs!

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Air pump location on our MZs!

Postby Blurredman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:34 am

Hi guys,

I created this topic yesterday but it disapeared. Perhaps admins or automation are being a little overzealous in the culling of topics that seem to be culminating from the current influx of spam sources, but this is genuine MZ.

I recently acquired an original MZ tyre hand pump, and whilst I knew the location of where the pump is factory stored on easy to spot vehicle such as the ES125/150, there were some places I wanted to find out on my own vehicles.

More to this though was the fact that it seems most people when they buy their MZ's have the pumps missing, not to mention the first aid pouch, the operation manual, the puncture repair kit, or indeed simple and presumably common tool kits. I can understand them being mis-laid but I also think there is a degree of these items falling off the bike whilst being ridden, or also a possibility of being stolen. After all, there is no key for the Trophy side cover for example, and the pumps on the 250 and 251 could potentially be procured (through some effort admittibly) without removing the seat. The pump itself is actually held in suspension well because of a spring under the handle that keeps outwards pressure on the whole assembly.

I was curious for my ES250/2 Trophy, but found the mounting tabs under the left hand side battery/electrics cover. Above it you can see the tabs for utilising some sort of rubber band/string to keep hold of the spare tube also apparently supplied by MZ.

Here it is on my ETZ250, as you can see this was quite an easy one to figure out because of the welded on piece of metal on the frame protruding quite a bit. Though the pump in itself is a bit more of a squeeze to get in place as you can see.

And the ETZ251 below. Which I initially thought didn't even come with pumps, but looking in the manual identified they do- and the frame had those same sort of 'spikes' to hold on to the pump.

But these are the only three MZ's I have, but I don't know about the TS125, or TS250 etc.... Can anyone else take photographs of where their original MZ are mounted originally on their bikes if they don't already include the above examples??? It would be curious to know I think.
1973 MZ ES250/2 - 17,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1989 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

ftp://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/Vehicle_Documents/MZ_Documents/
Blurredman

Re: Air pump location on our MZs!

Postby Puffs » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:05 am

It doesn't get more MZty than this! Very useful for those wanting a bike in an original condition, thanks.

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Return to Vintage Motorcycles