New ETZ 250 rider here and some questions

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: New ETZ 250 rider here and some questions

Postby klemmy » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:19 pm

Hey Puffs, what is going on? :( I know you wrote it, but still is sad to see you gone from this forum...

Yes, my bike....In the last 30 days I had covered about 700 km, drove it practically every day, if weather was fine....mostly with no specific problems, but in the last week MZ started to disbehave...

When accelerating it started stuttering, with very similar sympthoms like the forum member TS 250-1 described in one topic. At about 90 km/h the "stuttering" started and shortly passed after accelerating further. In the following rides things just gets worse. To the before mentioned stutter issue joined backfire and bogging down, what was before smooth ride....From my experiences with old TOMOS mopeds, those were the signs of bad spark plug and obstructed fuel supply. Also worn points...

So I had changed the spark plug and the bike works almost just fine, with ocassional stutter, but nothing like that, that did before. Luckily, I was just around the corner of my street. At home I dismantled an old BVF 30n2-5 and I was surprised, how clean it was. No signs of any dirt in the jets, the air and carb cleaner went through the jets perfectly. But the tank, fuel filter and both filters on the fuel tap were severe clogged with rust particles. I had cleaned all but I think, that this is not the only problem...

The backfire on twostrokes is more electrical thing ugess :( Well, on MZ is either electric or carb. I had ordered a new points, coil, capacitor and spark plug cable. I had cleaned the contacts to the actual ones, but at the moment the tank is off the bike for cleaning and I am waiting for a new fuel filter and fuel line to come, so I can't test it.

BTW, the slide in the carb was a bit sticky and it has signs of wear, also mixing chamber. I had used some fine wet and dry and now is buch better...of course, the bike must run and then we will see....

I have no experiences with points adjusting or changing the whole set. there in nothing useful on youtube, but this. Maybe the man on the video is forum member :-D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI_c70bER14

Any advices are appreciated :-)
klemmy

Postby klemmy » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:10 pm

Can anyone please help me, how to set points correctly on ETZ 250, step by step? :smt009 Never dealing with this before :smt102
klemmy

Postby Blurredman » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Hi Klemmy,

Sorry I've been some time away.

To set points you must first set the points gap- turn the engine over with the spark plug out and find (after putting on new points) the point in the rotation where the points get to the largest gap- and then adjust it if reuired to set 0.3mm gap.

Then get the piston to 2.5-3mm before top dead centre. To measure this you need an appropriate timing tool. Do you have one?

Roll engine to TDC (top dead centre) and measure at what point the needle/stopper marks at, then roll the crankshaft backwards 4mm. Then roll crankshaft forwards again by 1.5mm. (this eliminates possible backlash.

Then you can adjust the points timing (a light helps, one to the positive of the battery, one to earth- ignition on required if using a 12v bulb) gap so that a connection is only just made - you can tell that with the light. You make this adjustment by loosening and turning the whole point carrier assembly. Then tighten everything up and put the spark plug back in that should be it.
1973 MZ ES250/2 - 17,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1989 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

ftp://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/Vehicle_Documents/MZ_Documents/
Blurredman

Email Marketing for Local Businesses: Strategies for Success

Postby Bonna » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:07 am

In the digital age, email marketing has emerged as a powerful tool for local businesses to connect with their customers and drive sales. With its cost-effectiveness, targeted approach, and measurable results, email marketing has become an essential component of any successful local business marketing strategy. Here are some strategies to help local businesses achieve email marketing success:

Build a Quality Email List: The foundation of any successful email marketing campaign is a quality email list. Encourage website visitors, social media followers, and customers to opt-in to your email list by offering exclusive promotions, useful content, or valuable incentives. Regularly update and segment your list based on customer preferences, demographics, and purchase history to deliver personalized and relevant content.

Create Compelling Content: To engage your subscribers and avoid the dreaded "unsubscribe" button, create compelling and valuable content. Offer a mix of Jewelry Photo Retouching Service informative articles, product updates, special promotions, and local news. Use catchy subject lines and preview text to grab attention and entice readers to open your emails. Incorporate visuals, such as high-quality images or videos, to make your content visually appealing and shareable.

Personalize and Automate: Personalization is key to making your subscribers feel valued and engaged. Use email marketing software to automate personalized emails based on customer actions, such as abandoned carts or previous purchases. Address recipients by name and tailor content based on their preferences and behaviors. This personal touch enhances the customer experience and increases the likelihood of conversion.

Mobile Optimization: With the increasing use of smartphones, it is crucial to optimize your emails for mobile devices. Ensure that your emails are mobile-responsive, with clear and concise content that is easily readable on smaller screens. Use a single-column layout, larger fonts, and prominent call-to-action buttons to enhance the mobile user experience and drive conversions.

Segment and Target: Tailor your email campaigns to specific customer segments to maximize their effectiveness. Segment your email list based on factors such as location, age, interests, or past purchase behavior. Send targeted emails with content and offers that resonate with each segment, increasing the chances of conversion and customer loyalty.

Test and Analyze: Constantly test different elements of your email campaigns to optimize their performance. Experiment with subject lines, call-to-action buttons, visuals, and send times to identify what resonates best with your audience. Track and analyze key metrics like open rates, click-through rates, and conversions to gain insights into your campaign's success and make data-driven improvements.

Maintain Compliance: Ensure that your email marketing efforts comply with local laws and regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the CAN-SPAM Act. Obtain explicit consent from subscribers, provide an easy way to unsubscribe, and include your business address in every email. Respecting privacy and adhering to legal requirements build trust and credibility with your customers.

Integrate with Other Marketing Channels: Email marketing should not exist in isolation. Integrate your email campaigns with other marketing channels, such as social media or your website, to create a cohesive and consistent customer experience. Use email to promote your social media profiles, drive traffic to your website or blog, or announce offline events.

In conclusion, email marketing is a valuable strategy for local businesses to engage customers, build brand loyalty, and drive sales. By focusing on building a quality email list, creating compelling content, personalizing messages, optimizing for mobile, segmenting your audience, testing and analyzing results, maintaining compliance, and integrating with other marketing channels, local businesses can achieve email marketing success and reap the benefits of increased customer engagement and revenue.
Bonna

Previous

Return to Vintage Motorcycles