how loud should this engine be 74 ts 150

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

how loud should this engine be 74 ts 150

Postby ghostinthemist » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:31 am

This is my first 2 stroke how loud should she be? Dosent seem to make an excessive amount of noise ideling but while at 50 to 60 she sounds like a beast! Let me know thanks and i only have 700 miles on engine
ghostinthemist

Re: how loud should this engine be 74 ts 150

Postby Downton » Thu May 10, 2012 8:30 am

Hi there,new to the forum myself but to try and answer if you have the throttle fairly wide open at those speeds you will get quite a lot of induction noise from the airbox,its a difficult one to answer without hearing it but noises for concern are a rattle or rumbling ...Hope this helps!
Downton

Re: how loud should this engine be 74 ts 150

Postby Old Dog » Fri May 11, 2012 12:05 pm

I have a ETS 150 and yes there is a lot going on for a bike with no valve gear. The primary drive is a chain and the airbox arrangement is something which reflects the price they sold for - cheap.

They can sound fruity on the throttle.

So long as you haven't got anything coming from the cylinder or below - knocking and the like and you're using a good oil chances are you'll be OK but as the other guys said can't hear it on internet
All the best

Old Dog

He hath no grave, is covered with the sky and the way to heaven out of all places is like in length and distance
Old Dog

Return to Vintage Motorcycles