ETZ250 Mirrors

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

ETZ250 Mirrors

Postby andy288 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:14 am

Any idea what the thread size is as mine appear a little worn and would benefit from re tapping? My guess would be M10 x ? pitch, 1.5 maybe?

Also, is there anyone that supplies replacement pattern mirrors at a reasonable cost, ideally similar to the originals?

Perhaps someone has bought some and could recommend?

Cheers then

Andy
andy288

Re: ETZ250 Mirrors

Postby Skorpion » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:03 am

Hi andy288

Pattern mirrors here.

http://www.mzspares.com/
Skorpion

Postby andy288 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:40 am

Cheers Skorpion - any idea of the price?

See they do genuine & pattern ones?

Andy
andy288

Postby radiograf » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:31 am

Had a worn out mirror boss on Emzie when I bought her, so I replaced the rear clamp on the clucth lever with the one below.
clamp.jpg
replacement mirror clamp
This allows a japanese mirror to be fitted, as they are more available.
radiograf

Postby Louis Mair » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:09 am

The ETZ (brembo) has M10x1.5 threads. Cheap pattern mirrors have very loose-fitting threads as standard and two nuts that lock where the original one has a tapering nut.
The 250 RS had ETZ-Saxon mirrors but Brembo brake and levers.
The ETZ-Saxon has very good mirrors with an M10x1.25 thread. The Saxon mirrors screw into a half-clamp like the one in radiograf's photo. You could fit them to the brembo levers.
I've seen photos of accessory mirrors that fitted to the lever pivot/were the lever pivot. They didn't look very robust.
With brembo levers and Saxon half-clamps you could have four mirrors. You might have to wear a parka with that combination!
The previous paragraph is a feeble joke about mods and scooters which cannot be translated into American.
If the thread for the brake side really is worn a thread insert or helicoil kit will start to look like a cheap option.
I am currently fitting the very reasonably-priced ETZ pattern mirrors to a TS with Brembo brake. They are away for professional painting to compensate for the poor quality plating and build up the thread profile.
Good luck
Louis
Louis Mair has been different things to different people. Now I am a writer: http://www.mz301escocia.blogspot.com
Louis Mair

Return to Vintage Motorcycles