BING 84 on ETZ 251 - low power

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: BING 84 on ETZ 251 - low power

Postby Andy_C » Fri May 04, 2018 7:54 am

FWIW -I did buy one of those £50 carbs off the net a while back when I had issues.

It was a nastily made and finished piece of crap that ended up in the bin - I mailed the vendor and he refunded my money no questions asked and told me to keep the carb.

In the end I just fettled the standard BVF and it runs fine - amazing what an ultrasonic clean will do.

If I were going to replace the carb on an MZ I would go down the Mikuni route - good reputation, well built but expensive at £130 the last time I looked.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Andy_C

Postby dirtsurfer » Sat May 05, 2018 2:32 am

Andy_C wrote:.........

If I were going to replace the carb on an MZ I would go down the Mikuni route - good reputation, well built but expensive at £130 the last time I looked.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Mikunis must be one of the few bike parts that are cheaper down here VM 30 in Oz
MZochist
dirtsurfer

Postby alexxx » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 am

Hold on before buying a carb.
I am about to begin a project to fit an new OKO carb to my MZ ETZ251.
I have just fitted a pair successfully to my classic 1981 Bonneville, made a huge positive difference.
The OKO carbs are cheap and well made but you must only buy the made in Taiwan carbs, they are a kehin copy and use the kehin hex jets.
I buy the jets here in the UK, they are British made precision brass jets for £2.75 pilot and £3.75 main each.
I had to experiment with different jets and settings as no one had ever tried a twin carb setup with these (as far as I know) but I got it
I am confident I can get these flat slide carbs working well on the MZ and save us all money.
There is loads of info on a US site called mid atlantic trials, I also share my setups with the guy so he can show others the setup.

Regards,

Alex
Last edited by alexxx on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexxx

Postby Puffs » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:45 am

Looking forward to hearing your experiences!
:-) :-) :-) :-)
Puffs

Previous

Return to Vintage Motorcycles