Electronic Regulator Wiring

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Electronic Regulator Wiring

Postby andy288 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:27 pm

I own a TS250/1 Supa 5, still on 6volt electrics and I have acquired an electronic voltage regulator from a friend but sadly with no wiring diagram/instructions. Does anyone happen to have one of these fitted or perhaps the wiring diagram?

Its identical to this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121672973472? ... EBIDX%3AIT
andy288

Re: Electronic Regulator Wiring

Postby MZFred » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:07 am

Andy have a look at the other post Electrical Woes there appears to be a photo of your regulator if I'm not mistaken at the bottom of the posting
MZFred

Postby andy288 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Yes thats the one but due to the issues I'm having at present I thought it prudent to double check the wiring myself to be 'belt and braces'! I'd imagine its correct but it would be nice to see it in print to confirm 100%. I do hate electrical gremlins like the ones I have at the mo!

Thank you for the response.
andy288

Postby den » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:06 pm

i googled it under images and loads of diagrams came up
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Postby davidandlindah » Thu May 11, 2017 10:58 am

I am getting ready to put my 1988 F Reg ETZ 250 back on the road. I bought it new and the arrival of a BMW R100T, in 1992, meant that the MZ was forgotten (at nearly 4k miles!) I am looking at replacing the mechanical voltage regulator with an electronic one, the mechanical flasher relay with an electronic one and the indicator, brake & rear lights with LEDs. I am also considering buying one of those electronic ignition black boxes that connects between the points & coil and needing just to disconnect the points' capacitor.
I have looked on ebay and MZ spares sites, at electronic voltage regulators, to be confronted with a Lucas NCB403 (3 terminals,) Durite 0-848-10 (3 terminals,) a blue box (MEGA?, but available in 6V & 12V, with 5 terminals) and a black box (appears to have 3 terminals.) The blue box is the only item that appears to be a straight swap. I have sourced a wiring diagram for the Lucas NCB403 (thanks to blurredman, Norman Wade and Andy Miller) but I cannot understand why the Red/Yellow wire (D+) connects, via a 15A fuse, to the battery +ve terminal - does the regulator control the field voltage directly, as the mechanical regulator feeds the battery +ve terminal from 61? There are various 3, 4, 5 & 6 terminal electronic voltage regulators available on ebay, but I have no idea of current ratings or connections - I would like to stay with the tried & tested, if possible.
Any help and/or advice would be gratefully received.
davidandlindah

Return to Vintage Motorcycles