the 251 saxon tour

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

the 251 saxon tour

Postby gary martin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:47 pm

after the reply about my saxon tour 251 regarding the ignition problem, i want to remove the seat/tank to gain access to coil/wiring loom etc, but it is not that obvious where the fastenings are. is there a guide, or could someone help please. many thanks.
Gary.
gary martin

Re: the 251 saxon tour

Postby therealche » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Ive got one out the back and tbh I don't think Ive ever taken the seat off! If you are on Facebook, try the MZ Riders Group page
ES250 Doppelport, ES250, ES250/1, ES250/2,ETS 250, ES150, ETS150, BK350, IWL Pitty, SR56 Wiesel, SR59 Berlin, Troll............ and thats just the German two strokes!
http://thecomeconcollection.blogspot.com/
therealche

Re: the 251 saxon tour

Postby gary martin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:33 pm

therealche wrote:Ive got one out the back and tbh I don't think Ive ever taken the seat off! If you are on Facebook, try the MZ Riders Group page

thanks, i shall have another look at the machine. it's been a while, i have only just made the decision to get it back to life. never got the heart to sell the old girl. bought a Suuki SV650s had that for seven years, i have a Honda CRF 230F which i have owned for close on two years but now plan to sell. MZ was bought with an intention to sort of replicate the MZ race bikes, but i got distracted by the V twin. now it's back on. i shall have a look at that facebook page as i have recently joined F/B.
many thanks for the suggestion.
Gary.
gary martin

Return to Vintage Motorcycles