Convert to later Rear Brake Light Switch system

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Convert to later Rear Brake Light Switch system

Postby HENRY » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 pm

I would like to know where the Rear Brake Light spring or rod attaches to the brake pedal on the MZ ETZ125 - this was used for models after 1990.

Mine is 1987 and has the black wire to the rear wheel plate.
The reason I would like to know is that the footrest mounting attached to the main frame on my bike was welded quickly to the frame in an emergency, however it is not straight. So the footpedal is higher than normal with too much play and causes the brake light to come on too quickly after attempting to adjust the actual brakes.

Can I convert to the later brake light switch which attaches to the foot pedal somehow? I could maybe then adjust my brake properly without worrying about the stop light coming on.

Thanks in advance.
Paul
I own an MZ ETZ125 LUXUS that I bought new in 1987
HENRY

Re: Convert to later Rear Brake Light Switch system

Postby Johnhenry » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm

I've fitted a Wassel brake light switch which I bought from the VMCC shop to my ETZ 125. You can fix it on a bracket hung from the spare hole by the rear damper, the switch comes with a spring and bracket and is easy to fit to the brake rod and just re-route the electrical wires to the new switch - easy job in a couple of hours and it works much better than the old switch.
Johnhenry

Return to Vintage Motorcycles