ETZ colour.

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

ETZ colour.

Postby MixP » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 am

Hi, does anybody know of a close match for the colour of a 1990 ETZ251, I'll be polite and refer to it as ivory, mine is in great original condition but I'de like to fit an MZ cowl and colour match it as near as I can.
MixP

Re: ETZ colour.

Postby Puffs » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 am

To find a match for my blue '89 251 I took the air box to a paint/automotive shop, where they had a good stock, and picked the one that matched best. I took the air box because the inside of that is not exposed to sunlight; all my bike's outside parts were bleached quite a bit.
Maybe less of an issue in your colour. And maybe if it has bleached, you want to match the bleached colour (while I wanted something close to the original, I sprayed everything anyway).

In Germany you can get most original paints MZ used, if not all. There is a market for that.
Puffs

Postby MixP » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:42 am

Thanks puffs, I think I've found a Fiat colour that's a good match. I used to ride to the Ardennes quite a bit, one of the best biking areas plus the best beer in the world. Used to visit a bikers bar a fair few times but can't remember exactly where?
MixP

Postby Puffs » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:27 am

Maybe 'Le Bowling' in Vielsalm? They boasted 'Official VR46 Fanclub', but they're currently for sale.

It's an excellent riding area, ranking with the best in the world. If twisty roads & beautiful views is your thing. You may get a bit of challenge from the road surface; 'chaussée dégradée' means you have to pick your line carefully.
Puffs

Return to Vintage Motorcycles