Bye everyone

ETZ(including Kanuni), ETS, ES, TS, IFA-RT, BK, Saxon,

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Bye everyone

Postby Andy_C » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:09 am

Decided to sell the old faithful ETZ, although I love the old thing I need something with a little more power and comfort.

I have placed a link to the ad for the bike in the for sale section.

No doubt regret getting rid of it as I did the 301.

The replacement is an Enfield Himilayan - loads of positive reports, and having test road one yesterday my mind was made up.

Take care out there.
Andy_C

Re: Bye everyone

Postby Puffs » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:09 am

.... or maybe just keep the ETZ for fun???

Interestingly, I was also looking at the Himalayan a few days back too. Never rode it, and there was no price tag on it either. But the most interesting of the Indian RE, to me, seemed the Interceptor, a 650 twin, here costing €6500. To me that compares quite favourably with the rather daft 500 singles (just 27HP), which still cost around €6000. That interceptor (47HP, if I remember correctly) seems a lot more bike for the money.

But then again, €6.5k also buys you a new SV650 or MT07.
Puffs

Postby Andy_C » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Cant really justify 4 bikes Puffs - it woudl be nice to hang onto the ETZ especially after all the time / effort I put into it.

After reading a lot of positive stuff about the Himilayan and ridden one I was sold.

Really liked the way that the suspension soaked up the bumps - UK road surfaces are pretty poor.

It is not a quick bike (ONLY 24bhp) but goes well enough for what I want it for, which is just pottering along minor roads in all winds and weathers and like with the ETZ the odd longer ride.

At £4199 / 4600 e on the road it is a good way to spend some cash !!

I already have an Enfield Bullet which I put a big bore 612cc conversion on and have done a lot of work to - a real wolf in sheeps clothing, pretty quick and fast for a single and great fun.

Take a look at: https://youtu.be/hPTshoXzIyU that's me on the Bullet.

For real lunacy I have my 1974 Kawasaki H2 which still scares the pants off me when I give it a big handful - used ot have a KH 500 - again take a look at: https://youtu.be/JrXYJFz2T9Q

Also had an MZ Skorp: https://youtu.be/xpzP2Y1oJb4

I shall still probably lurk around this site to see if I can contribute anything.

Cheers.
Andy_C

Postby Puffs » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:23 am

I see, Bike Bloke - you have a few. Yet, if it's old enough, it doesn't need MoT anymore. Tax I don't know, here there isn't any on bikes below 250cc. But if your garage is full, it's full & you need to prioritise.

I remember the sound of those triples. My brother had an early 500 (in '74) and they are indeed exciting to ride. Bit of an acquired taste though, with the proverbial narrow powerband & 60's handling. Probably the 750 is better, but still a triple espresso.

Quite different from that Himalayan 410, for which the numbers suggest that it can't be any faster than a 250cc ETZ. Nevertheless, it's a relatively modern bike, more modern than your '03 Bullet (which still has a carb), or the ETZ. And indeed it's good to have a choice between bikes with a different character.

Cheers!
Puffs

Postby Blurredman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:50 am

I'm with you there concerning the economy of four bikes! :lol:
1973 MZ ES250/2 - 17,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1989 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

ftp://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/Vehicle_Documents/MZ_Documents/
Blurredman

Postby Andy_C » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:01 am

Blurredman wrote:I'm with you there concerning the economy of four bikes! :lol:

Learnt from experience that 3 bikes is my personal limit, after that for me it ceases to be a fun hobby, too much worrying abut MOTs / Tax etc.

3 is good :mrgreen:

No one has bought the ETZ yet...............
Andy_C

Postby Puffs » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:10 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby dirtsurfer » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 pm

I like the way the Kawasaki pulls the clutch side grip out of your hand. It doesn't seem to happen with the other two.
Many years ago I worked for the Kawasaki distributor in Victoria , Australia and spent a long time working on two stroke triples , the sound of the H1 accelerating is still music to my ears . Good luck with the sale, there was a couple for sale here; down under in the last few months . One beautifully restored , owner looking for $4500 AUD - about 2750 euro or 2500 pounds. I think he took it off the market.
MZochist
dirtsurfer

Return to Vintage Motorcycles