charly powers up, but doesn't run

Moskito, Moskito SX, Moskito RX, Moskito 125R, Charly scooters.

Moderator: DAVID THOMPSON

charly powers up, but doesn't run

Postby onef » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:51 pm

I just purchased a charly from craigslist, with the guarantee that "it only needed batteries." I'm lucky enough to have an EV store in my town, so I went down to get batteries. The guy at the store said to make sure to charge the batteries before riding, so they're charging now. I'm wondering if there's something checking the battery output and maybe disabling the throttle due to the low power, or something. I'm not sure. I put the key in, and the headlights and horn work. That's it. I've checked in the body, and in the headlight/wiring enclosure on the handlebars, and there are no loose wires.

I've considered the batteries being put in backwards, since I had to rig up my own wiring harness, so I crossed them over. With my current wire configuration, I get the battery indicator showing full, and horn and headlight. The other way, I had no battery indicator, but horn and headlight. I get no brake light either way. I'm pretty sure the batteries are installed properly, and it's taking a charge. I haven't tried charging the batteries the other way, because I'm afraid to burn something out. The indicator started with the 2 LEDs in the middle lit, and now the 2 on the outside are lit. I'm assuming this is positive.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?
onef

Re: charly powers up, but doesn't run

Postby onef » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:53 pm

The controller is dead. I took it to an EV mechanic to confirm, and that's what he said after poking around for 3 days. I'm ordering a new controller from Mr. Bill's this week.
onef

Re: charly powers up, but doesn't run

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:39 pm

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A WIRING DRAWING FOR THE CHARLEYS
AR DAVE
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to Scooters