3.0.3 upgrade, Minor Fix, and Photo Gallery change

Word from the Administrator

3.0.3 upgrade, Minor Fix, and Photo Gallery change

Postby borisattva » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Hello everyone,

The following has been completed this weekend:

1) bulletin board has been upgraded to most recent phpBB version 3.0.3
2) the failed Photo Album (which was no longer being developed), has been replaced with Photo Gallery which appears to be more robust
3) i finally figured out and resolved a bug that caused navigational buttons to be overlapped with their Text Names.

Several of the images from the 'Photo Album' have remained in the database. I am looking into a way to port them over to the new Gallery system.
If this is possible, it will most likely be a tedious process, so feel free to re-upload your images.

If you notice any kinks in the system please let them be known in the Suggestions/Comments Box:
viewforum.php?f=16

Finally, i wanted to thank you all for informing me of the system failure in October, and apologize that it took a while for me to bring it back up.

Happy Riding,
borisattva
Site Admin

Re: 3.0.3 upgrade, Minor Fix, and Photo Gallery change

Postby borisattva » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Some good news.

I figured out a way to convert the previously uploaded images from original "Photo Album" to the newly installed "Photo Gallry" while retainig the uploader name, title, description and view count.

I have just completed the conversion process of the Public folder pictures, which are available for viewing immediately.

Please note, that because the images werent 'actually' uploaded by their owners, the thumbnails for some of them have not been generated yet. So when you go intoa Public Album, some images may be replaced by a line with red x and scrambled file name. If this happens, just hit F5 on the keyboard, and the view should reflesh withthe thumbnails generated on the fly.

Please note that previous Ratings of ecah images were not convertable, so please rerate the images as you see fit.

Thank you for your patience and participation.
borisattva
Site Admin

Return to Announcements