Hope I'll be moderately welcome here. Do tell me to sod off if I'm not.
I've recently purchased on ebay, a ratty, hacked about Yamaha SZR660. Upon trailering it home I discovered that both fork seals had failed . I whipped the fork legs out, only shearing one 6mm mudguard bolt flush. I managed to weld a washer to it and then a nut to that to have something to screw it out with. Luckily it came out with a little patience. The fork springs need compressing to loosen the damper rod securing nut and I am currently knocking up a spring compressor.
It's not pretty, but should make a reasonable base for some tuning.
I am currently rescuing a cylinder head from a spare engine that needs a little bit of Tlc before I set to and big valve it.
As you can see it has 2 seized exhaust collars,2 broken exhaust studs an a broken cyl hd bolt
Some lateral thinking is required here methinks