baghira carb issue...again

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

baghira carb issue...again

Postby rodge70 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 pm

hi,
same problem as before only this time it started with only being able to get half throttle,so have just got home and taken carbs off only to find the piston/slide in the cv carb has twisted it self out of alignment and the throttle vavle which cant open due to the cutaway on the slide not being i the rigght place,any ideas how i can secure the diapraghm to the slide to stop it moving around.
if you hold the slide you can spin the diapraghm to the correct position quite easily,need to find away of securing the two together before i bite the bullet and buy what i assume to be an expensive part,
cheers rodge
rodge70

Re: baghira carb issue...again

Postby breakwellmz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:32 am

Hi

Having re-read your previous post on this problem, and having had my carbs off and stripped recently i can`t see how it can happen. Sorry, i know that`s no help!
If i still had mine off the bike i could examine them and possibly give some insight.
Have you Googled this? You can`t be the only one to have suffered this problem.Maybe check out Raptor and SRX forums?
Good luck.

Cheers.

P.S I`ve just picked up a Honda XR650R carb with a view to replacing my carbs, probably with a Grizzly 600 manifold.
breakwellmz

Re: baghira carb issue...again

Postby rodge70 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 pm

hiya matey,
trust all well with you,yes a bit of a weird problem and must admit i have never seen this before,but today the bike fired up without hesistation and cracking the throttle open in first drags the front wheel up easily so i assume the piston slid round a while ago as starting from cold would always seem to be a struggle for a few months now but today no hesitation and no stumbling of revs with the choke on.
i ended up glueing the piston and collar to stop them from twisting as last time i did this i just realigned them and put back together,
think the reason this happens to my bike is a faulty piston and diaphragm and probably was loose from the word go as it only came to light when i did the tappets a couple of years ago and had carbs off to try to sort the erratic idle on choke and hesitation when open throttle quickly,so fingers crossed,cheers
rodge70

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk